Barossa & McLaren Vale Luxury Cycle Escape
- Duration: 5 Days (approx.)
- Location: Barossa Valley, South Australia
- Product code: VdV5DayTriPack
3 Regions ~ 5 Days ~ 120km ~ Wineries Galore
Join us on the ultimate tour of the Barossa Valley, McLaren Vale and the Adelaide Hills, in this 5 day cycling escape... Totally immerse yourself in SAs world-renowned destinations as we see, feel and taste all that's on offer! From globally-recognised wineries to mouthwatering cheese, artisan chocolates and everything in between - this epic ride is a feast for the senses.
- Experience the world famous D'Arenberg Cube
- Find serenity at Serafino's
- Drop in for bubbles at Bird in Hand
- Raise a stein in Australia's oldest surviving German settlement, Hahndorf
- Pick fresh strawberries at Beerenberg Farm
- Pair chocolate with wine at Hahndorf Hill Winery
- Taste history at Yalumba Estate
- Stop in at Seppeltsfield for a glass of something fine
- Try the selection at Langmeil Winery
- Sip something lovely at Rockford Winery
- Sample Maggie Beer's famous spreads
- Walk back in time with Jacob's Creek
- Stop by Kellemeister Wines for a quick drop of something special
- Take a riverside seat at Chateau Yaldara
DAY 1 >> McLaren Vale
Sink your teeth into McLaren Vale, one of the grape vine capitals of the world and a favourite SA food and wine region. Ride from Adelaide all the way to the vineyards in the south on 38km of pristine, uninterrupted rail trail.
DAY 2 >> Adelaide Hills
Travel to the heart of the hills and take in the good country air along 26km of rail trail, from Mt Torrens to Hahndorf. Raise a stein in one of the oldest-surviving German settlements in Australia and rest up for more adventures in the Adelaide Hills.
DAY 3 >> Barossa Valley
Begin our Barossa Valley journey with all the must-see destination wineries, starting in Angaston and finishing 27km later in Tanunda. Arriving by smooth rail trail at the door to one of the most famous Shiraz regions in the world, the Barossa Valley.
DAY 4 >> Barossa Valley
In the heart of the Barossa Valley, take a day to yourself to explore the famous destination wineries on offer. Take some suggestions from your local guide or set off on your own adventure - you can't go wrong when you're completely immersed in wine country like this!
DAY 5 >> Historic Gawler
On your final day, take it nice and easy along the 29km trail between Tanunda and the historic township of Gawler, to the north of Adelaide. Stopping at all the iconic wineries along the way, hang up your helmet with lunch at the riverside Chateau Yaldara, before returning to Adelaide.
WHAT OUR CLIENTS SAY...
Dear Jack and team,
Thank you so much for making our trip to the Barossa and Adelaide Hills so memorable. Here is a token of our appreciation. Please buy a nice bottle of wine to share with your wife and celebrate the arrival of the “Grandfather”.
Thank you so very much for a fabulous week’s cycling in your beautiful backyard. We cannot thank you enough for looking after us so well and giving us your great suggestions of where to stop etc. You and the team have been a absolute stars and we will remember our holiday forever.
(Dennis & Julie, Canada)